Have you ever asked yourself, “how can I make applesauce easy?”
Well, now you know.it’s simple, quick, and takes no time at all.
I have made this several times in the past week because it is just that easy!
In fact, I’m having trouble getting my daughter to eat her applesauce now.
She loves it.
She loves it even more because I made it super easy.
If you are looking for a new way to make applesauce, this is it!.
Microwave Applesauce is fun, easy, and super delicious!
You can use any apple you like, but the results will be the best with a combination of apples, some cinnamon, and a touch of nutmeg.
It is so good that you will want more than one serving..
In this article, I will share how to make applesauce easily and fast.
I will show you how to make it right in your microwave.
I have made Applesauce many times since I started my blog, but this is hands down my favorite method.
It is super easy, simple, and fast.
It takes less than 10 minutes to make the applesauce in the microwave.
In the beginning, I thought this would be too simple and quick, but the results are much better than any applesauce I have ever made with a stovetop or old-fashioned apple saucepan.
You can serve it on bread, crackers, butter lettuce, toast, and in smoothies or on its own.
I usually like to serve my applesauce in bowls on a bed of lettuce drizzled with some fat-free cream cheese or avocado.
You can also go the healthy way by pouring it over a salad or adding it to your morning oatmeal or lunch.
Another way I like to serve it is by serving the applesauce with a serving of blueberries or sweet potato cubes (dried sweet potato slices) – this is one of my family’s favorite ways!
Here are some more ideas that you can add to make your applesauce more delicious
Raw nuts like peanuts, walnuts, cashews and almonds with the skins removed.
Nuts can be soaked in filtered water for 3 – 4 hours until they plump up..
There is so much more you can do with this recipe.
You can make your applesauce into a sweet and spicy sauce where you can add some raw ginger and cayenne pepper with the cinnamon.
You can also add some fresh lemon juice, honey, and vanilla to give it a nice hint of sweetness..
When you have made your applesauce, you can simply refrigerate it or freeze them.
If you want to freeze them, then put the sauce into an airtight container or zip lock bag and then place it into regular freezer bags.
It will be great when you have no time to make the sauce and need a quick snack.
Keep it in your freezer until you need it..
If you are going to eat the applesauce in a day or two, then store it in the fridge without freezing as this will help with the spoilage of foods.
But if you want to keep them for more than 2 weeks, then freezing is recommended as this will help with keeping them fresher longer.
Can you cook applesauce too long?.
Yes, the applesauce can be cooked until it turns into a thick and sticky sauce.
That does however mean that it is no longer ready to be eaten.
However, for us to enjoy it in the form of applesauce, we need to cook it until all the chunks are broken down small bits as this will help with better absorption of the flavors..
Why did my applesauce turn pink?.
This could be for two reasons: either the apples are too old, or it’s the kind of apples that it was prepared with.
If the applesauce is still good after cooking and looks consistent, then it probably has been cooked too long.
It is usually around 35 minutes if you have followed all the steps but if you have put more of the spices in, or put them into a new pan with different size spoons or paddles (all uneven), then this can make a difference..
What do I do if my sauce turns out to be too thick?.
You can always add more water to thin out your sauce and make it easier to spread on top of your pancakes or on some veggies..
Can you add milk in applesauce?.
Yes you can, but just make sure that the milk has been boiled before using it.
And also make sure that you don’t introduce more milk than the amount of water needed as this will result in a curdled sauce.
So, now that you know how to make applesauce, it’s time to enjoy your time making it and start experimenting with your famous homemade ones all the time.
Eat them for breakfast, snack on them for lunch, or eat them for dinner.
Whatever is your need and appetite, always remember that it’s homemade and best in taste..
This recipe will be perfect when you go camping as you can make all your sauces and other snacks without worrying about food transportation junkies as they can be easily prepared in any location.
Also, these are very easy to prepare so even kids can do it.
Also, remember that this recipe is flexible; you can add more or less of the ingredients based on what kind of applesauce you desire.
I hope you have enjoyed this.
If you have any queries, you can comment below and I will try to answer as soon as possible.
Easy Microwave Applesauce Recipe
- 1 microwave
- 4 apples
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Wash the apples and remove the stems.
- Put them in a bowl and chop them up into small pieces which measure about the same size as your head
- Add 3 -4 tablespoons of sugar (1/4 cup) to the apples and toss to coat.
- Put a couple of slices of cinnamon stick in the bottom of your strainer, or Ziploc bag, then lay the chopped apples inside it.
- Cut off 1/4 inch from one corner of your bag or strainer and place it over the top of your applesauce to seal it, then squeeze out all that juice you need.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, if you don’t have any apple juice, then pour the apple juice into your strainer or Ziploc bag.
- If you want it spicier, add a few pinches of cinnamon stick from a cinnamon stick can.
- Add some nutmeg if you want it sweeter.
- Put the lid on your strainer/ziploc bag and shake it well to mix it all up.
- Store in a bowl covered in plastic wrap until ready to use.
- I recommend that you make the applesauce 2 -3 days before you plan to eat it because like me, my applesauce molds after a couple of days so I like to make and keep some away for later.
- I also store mine in my freezer just in case I ever need to make extra!
- Wash and slice 2 Granny Smith Apples into bite-size pieces (2 – 3 slices per serving)
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon (if using) in a small bowl (enough to coat apple slices)
- Spray the bottom of your dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook slices in the microwave on High for 3 minutes, or until it is nice and crunchy.
- Add applesauce to the dish, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix, and stir through.