- Subway Sauces Recipes You Can Try At Home - June 2, 2022
- Slow Cooker Potatoes Recipe - June 2, 2022
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets No Breading - June 2, 2022
If you’re a die-hard fan of soup, stews, and salads, you must have come across the Souplantation recipes or dined in one of their restaurants.
As a person who’s always conscious about their waistline, Souplantation’s blog has been a breath of fresh air.
With their vast range of salads, desserts, and delicious pasta, it’s almost impossible not to find something you don’t like.
When the world was falling apart in the heat of the pandemic, cooking was my only way to enjoy and prevail in life.
I was trying to find an escape from the depressing updates coming from every media outlet.
Then I came across these recipes, and my culinary skills have never been the same.
The Souplantation recipes are easy to replicate and don’t require fancy ingredients.
Almost everything is in your pantry or local grocery store.
From their potato nachos for game night to their soup and salad pairing guide, these recipes will remind you that healthy can be delicious.
I once tried their big chunk chicken noodle soup, and I never looked back.
This recipe has been on repeat in my home, and I have added it into our family traditions.
Instead of snacking on unhealthy snacks, make this soup in batches and store it in your refrigerator for the 3 AM hunger pangs.
The Souplantation Big Chunk Chicken Noodle Soup
The Souplantation’s website says that the noodles are made with pearl flour, milk, water, a pinch of salt, and an egg.
If you’re a fan of this recipe, you know the store-bought soup noodles are nowhere near the original recipe.
The taste is off, and the cravings don’t disappear if you try them.
If you’ve been searching for something closer to the original, especially on what ratios to use, you’ll find this recipe helpful.
I have researched copycat recipes, but most of them are off-base.
For the noodles:
The secret hack to their classic scratch-made noodles is the white pearl bread flour.
You can find this at a baking supply store or online.
You can also use regular white flour if you like.
1. In a bowl, add flour, egg, milk, and salt. Mix well until you form a ball
2. Roll the ball out very thin, careful not to tear
3. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes
4. Now cut the dough into thin strips, a bit smaller than your desired size
5. Let it sit for two hours to dry properly
6. Now the noodles are ready to be poured into the soup
Souplantation chicken noodle soup
You can make more soup then freeze for later.
This allows you to have your soup whenever you want without cooking from scratch every time you crave it.
I love how easy and versatile the Souplantation recipes are.
1. Place your pot on the stove. Bring water, chicken broth, and carrots to a boil and stir in chopped celery and onion.
2. Allow it to boil for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are nice and tender.
3. Add the mustard powder, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, and onion powder to another bowl. Stir well until everything is incorporated.
4. Add the mixture to the boiling soup and stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Add the cheddar cheese and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Once the soup is ready, pour your homemade noodles into the pot, add chicken, then cook for about 20 minutes. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and serve immediately.
Souplantation Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 bowl
- 1 Pot
- 8 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup chopped cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard powder
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- Place your pot on the stove. Bring water, chicken broth, and carrots to a boil and stir in chopped celery and onion.
- Allow it to boil for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are nice and tender.
- Add the mustard powder, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, and onion powder to another bowl. Stir well until everything is incorporated.
- Add the mixture to the boiling soup and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cheddar cheese and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Souplantation Chicken Noodle Soup; Health Benefits
1. The soup is suitable for pregnant women. It contains a good amount of protein which is essential during pregnancy.
2. It is a good source of nutrients as it contains vitamin A, C, and K; thiamin; riboflavin; niacin; calcium; zinc, and iron. All of these are important nutrients your body needs to function properly.
3. This soup is a low-fat, balanced meal that is great for your weight loss goals.
4. Great immunity booster. The nutrients in the soup help boost your immunity, so you don’t fall sick easily.
5. Great detox. The soup contains onion and garlic powder, which are natural detoxifying agents which help detox your body, leaving you feeling better and more vibrant.
6. It helps to maintain lean muscle mass. The more lean muscle mass you have, the faster you lose weight and burn calories. This soup helps in boosting your metabolism as it has all the essentials to help you lose weight faster.
7. The celery, carrots, and tomatoes are healthy and filling ingredients that allow you to stay full for longer with fewer temptations to overindulge.
8. Great for people with diabetes. Chicken noodle soup is a wholesome meal for people with diabetes as it helps them control their blood sugar levels.
The Souplantation was a United States buffet-style restaurant based in Southern California.
Their first location opened its doors in 1978 in San Diego, California, as their headquarters.
The company was later incorporated as Garden Fresh Corp. in 1983.
The company first went public in 1995 and was later taken private in 2004.
The Garden Fresh Restaurant Corporation temporarily closed its 97 locations in March 2021 due to the government mandates related to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
On May 7, 2020, the company announced permanent closure and filed for liquidation.
Their super-fans continue to keep the Souplantation recipes alive in their homes through their website.
1. Souplantation recipes are made from scratch every day.
2. Their salad bar buffet offers over 50 fresh ingredients, including; their famous specialty tossed salads, original recipe hot pasta, made from scratch muffins, hand-crafted soups, and Focaccia loaves of bread.
3. Souplantation restaurants believe that healthy eating doesn’t mean boring, bland food.
4. They offer fat-free or low-fat, flavorful meals that include vegan dishes.
5. They’ve niched their market to people looking to create a healthier, happier lifestyle without worrying about weight.
Q: Is Souplantation good?
A: Souplantation is a great restaurant, especially if you’re health-conscious.
They offer a variety of healthy and affordable meals both from their menu and website.
If you love healthy but delicious foods, you will enjoy their meals.
Q: Why did the Souplantation restaurant close down?
A: Unfortunately, the decision came amid the Coronavirus Pandemic.
With the FDA issuing strict guidelines and recommendations (which are understandable), the restaurant closed down permanently.
The losses are too many and taxing for Souplantation to stay open.
Q: Is the chicken noodle soup recipe suitable for lactating mothers?
A: The Souplantation recipe for chicken noodle soup is safe for lactating and pregnant mothers.
The recipe does not contain any dairy product, which makes it safe.
The protein in the soup is also good for the extra nutrients you need while lactating.
These Souplantation recipes are iconic and will add sentimental value to your family traditions.
Try it today, and you will regret why you never tried it till now.